Lots of things happening these days, it seems – and not enough time to give any one subject the consideration it deserves. Highlights:
- I was fortunate at work to be part of two grant proposals that were recently accepted for funding. One is to implement a mapping technology in a City and Regional Planning course next fall that allows different maps to be layered on top of each other, so students can see how sites change over time. The second is to secure software licenses (and training for that software) that helps close the gap between design (CAD) and fabrication (laser cutters, CNC mills, etc). Two other proposals from the school were also funded, which is a real credit to the school as a whole.
- Watching the Crew these days is increasingly difficult – not because the players aren’t skilled, but because there’s an inevitability involved. The team will of course not win, and probably not score too often. Of course, its also harder to wrap up much emotion in something over which I have absolutely no control – maybe I’m just less of a fan, and more of someone looking for amusement/entertainment rather than vicarious success?
- Xavier is amazing. I love him.
- Anybody have any resources for learning ADO parameters? Or, failing that, an easy way to progress from classic ASP to ASP.Net?
- Is there some place I can watch the Gold Cup? I see it listed on Fox Soccer Channel and Univision/Galavision/Telefutura, but we don’t have cable at home and the university’s cable system doesn’t have either family of channels (if only the games were on Telemundo). Any restaurants or other places in central Ohio?
- I’ve just about finished the “modern” Bond movies, starting from Timothy Dalton through the end of Brosnan. Egads, Die Another Day was horrible. Too bad that’s how Brosnan went out, I liked some of his earlier stuff. Now I just need to get Casino Royale (I’m #966 on the waiting list at the library), and then start in with Dr. No.
- Perhaps because of Bond, I’m still at the end of the the second Harry Potter book. I’m hoping to re-read them all before getting to book seven – which given my family’s voracious reading habits, probably won’t happen for me until I can pry one of their copies away from them when they’re not looking. Maybe Christmas.
- Carole and I are doing well – generally happy, no major stresses at the moment. Looking forward to the summer.
- The shed project hasn’t made much headway, but the bathroom seems to have stabilized for now. No new house projects have appeared – yet.
I’m sure there’s things I’m forgetting, but this seems like everything for now. More later, hopefully.