June 26, 2006
It’s late, and I don’t have time to organize my thoughts. This train of thought brought to you by Amtrak:
- How exciting does the Germany-Argentina match look in the quarterfinals? I need to check the schedule for that game – hopefully it’ll be over lunch so I can catch it at Crew Stadium.
- Carole and I went clothes shopping last weekend. Now that I’ve stayed at my goal weight for 6 weeks, I can officially celebrate and get clothes that fit; and I was somewhat pleased to notice that my pants size is the same as it was in high school. Man, I feel so clichÃ© saying that…
- I really wish that we had cable, so I could have seen the Mexico-Argentina game over the weekend. Maxi Hernandez’ goal looks like a stunner on the highlight reels, I can only imagine what it was like live.
- Not to look beyond the World Cup, but I signed up for the daily Tour de France email from Active.com the other day. It’ll be really interesting to see how the first Tour of the post-Lance era plays out: will Basso or Ullrich prevail, or will it be somebody else? When does the Tour start again?
- For as much as I wish I had cable, I’m somewhat glad that I didn’t see the Switzerland – Ukraine matchup. From the BBC writeup this afternoon, it sounded like not quite the thrilling encounter that Mexico-Argentina was (or that Portugal-Netherlands was, in a sick train wreck sort of way).
See, I told you I didn’t have time to organize my thoughts.